You can make a difference in the lives of friends, family members, classmates, and co-workers by taking these simple steps.
- engage those around you
- take a stand against bullying and gossip
- remind friends they are not alone
- voice your concerns
- listen and watch for warning signs of depression and suicide
- invite people to share their feelings
- Acknowledge: if you're concerned about someone with symptoms of depression, tell them what you've noticed
- Care: show concern, let them know there is help, tell them that you care
- Treatment: encourage them to get help, alert a professional such as a school counselor, pastor, parents, or call 911 if someone is making a suicide threat
Check out the resources on our blog.